How To Improve Your Website’s SEO
The Video Below Was Built For This Post.
If you didn’t like the video or you prefer text lessons read the post below
How To Improve SEO?
At some point in a bloggers life cycle, this question pops up a lot. There are lots of reasons why webmasters want to have a better SEO, this includes:
Increased Page views in search engines
- To earn better in PPC programs
- To get committed clients est.
So What Is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization(SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s unpaid results – often referred to as “natural”, “organic” or “earned” results. The earlier and more frequently a site appears on a search page, the more visitors it gets.
**Check out SEO trends for 2018
Now that you know what SEO is, let’s dive into the techniques of improving it.
– If Google or any other search engine discovers a lag or slow speed in your website, your SEO is likely to drop. Read up my tutorial on how to improve website speed to give your web site an incredible speed
Build Index Worthy Content
– This is very important. The contents of your web page should be fairly large and meaningful and updated frequently. Don’t create a post of less than 50 words and expect to be indexed by search engines. Your posts should also flaunt an originality of its own. Trust me, you won’t do so well if you copy the whole post on another website and paste it in yours. Google spider will penalize you. More on content here – SEO tips and tricks
– To increase your chances of appearing on the first page of Google and other search engines, you need to have an “SEO friendly URL”. An SEO FRIENDLY URL looks like this: W3tutor.org/how-to-improve-your-seo. An unfriendly URL looks like this: w3tutor.org/p?1246.
The URL to every page or post on your website should explain its content or give a clue of what it contains e.g – w3tutor.org/courses gives an idea that you are about to view an archive of courses. Search engines love such URLs and will reward you with a nice rank.
You can setup an SEO friendly link in your settings- permalinks. All CMS allows you to enable this feature. Set it to post name structure.
– A sitemap collects all your sites URLs and tells search engines exactly how to index your webpage. visit XML sitemap website for more on this. I recommend XML sitemaps. Read the importance of sitemaps here.
NOW YOU KNOW HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR SEO. YOU ARE GOOD TO GO!
For WordPress users–
These tools below will help your SEO (basically they remind you to do what I just thought you and helps you do them)
WordPress SEO by Yoast
– This plugin is great! I use it in this website. It has an XML Sitemap service and every other SEO tool you will ever need. Download it from the “ADD NEW” panel in your plugins dashboard.
– This is strictly a site map provider.
UPDATE– It may take some time before Google starts indexing your posts, but if you have quality posts once they start they’ll never stop, as long as you keep these rules
I’ll keep Adding More , Make sure you bookmark this post.
Do you have questions or suggestions? Please tell me in the comments box